WhatsApp is adding a new Add To Cart feature to the WhatsApp hence making the shopping experience easier.
The latest update on WhatsApp will provide an “Add to Cart” button that users can see when browsing a catalogue by any WhatsApp Business account. This will allow the users to add products to the cart and share it with the seller hence making it easier to place the order using the app.
WhatsApp has already started showing a store front symbol along with the name of business accounts.
WhatsApp says that as “more and more shopping” is happening through chats, they want to make buying and selling even easier by adding this new feature. The company claims more than 175 million users interact with a business account daily and that three million people in India view a business catalog each month.
How to place an order using cart on WhatsApp :
When you are visiting a business’ catalog on WhatsApp, you can use the MESSAGE BUSINESS to start a conversation or use the ADD TO CART button if you’re ready to place an order with the business about a product that you’re viewing.
Adding products to cart :
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to your chat or business profile of the business you’d like to order from.
- Tap on the shopping button icon listed next to their name to access their catalog.
- Once the catalog opens, browse through the products you’d like to order.
- Tap on the product you like.
- Tap ADD TO CART on product if you’d like to order.
- Alternatively, you can also tap MESSAGE BUSINESS if you’d like to ask a specific question about the product.
Editing your cart :
- Tap VIEW CART to see all the products added to your cart.
- Tap ADD MORE if you wish to navigate back to the catalog to continue adding more products.
- You can also edit quantity for each product added to your cart.
Placing an order :
- Once you’ve successfully updated your cart, you can send it to the seller as a WhatsApp message.
- Once sent, you will be able to see the details of your order by tapping on the VIEW CART button in your chat window with the seller.
Note: You can edit the message before sending your cart to the seller.If you’d like to enquire about multiple items listed in a seller’s catalog, you can add all of them to your cart and send your enquiry in a single message. An order isn’t final until confirmed by the seller.
What are your thoughts over this?
Tell us in the comments section below.
Thank You so much for reading.
You can also read our latest article here: