Fortnite is a survival game where 100 players fight against each other in player versus player combat to be the last one standing. It is a fast-paced, action-packed game, and there are an estimated 125 million players on Fortnite.
Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 5 is live and it introduced fans to a new a new Spy themed limited-time game mode(LTM). Players can complete a number of daily quests throughout the new season and level up their Season 5 Battle Pass.
This new game mode, “The Spy Within” was released as part of the latest patch update. As part of the LTM, developers have added a number of new Spy Within challenges to the battle royale game.
This “The Spy Within” mode is a game mode similar to the popular online game Among Us, a game that found breakout success in 2020. The Spy Within starts with 10 players, who are divided into eight Agents and two Spies. Each player only knows their own role when the match starts.
The LTM playlist for Fortnite includes games built by a team of creators including DolphinDom, KKSlider, Bunni_,Wert, Blanky, and more. The playlist will cycle through games made by these creators every few days.
Just like Among Us, players cannot, or should not, speak with each other unless they are in a meeting, which can be held whenever one player feels suspicious about any other player. In this meeting the players can find out about who might be the spy and hence can vote them out.
Fortnite players can also complete The Spy Within Challenge Pack to get exclusive skate deck variant and other items.
Additionally, players can video chat with each other in-game using Fortnite Mode on the Houseparty app. Epic announced Fortnite integration with the Houseparty app last month. This will allow players to get a better look at their teammates and the people they suspect to be spies. Houseparty will be available to PC, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4 players with an Android or iOS phone. They will need to connect their Housaparty account with their Epic Games account to get started.
Fortnite Spy Within Quests:
Fortnite developers have added a total of four challenges that the gamers can complete in the new game mode. Following is a list of all the Spy Within challenges in Fortnite:
- Complete all The Spy Within quest (0/3)
- Play The Spy Within matches (0/5)
- Eliminate players in The Spy Within matches (0/3)
- Complete tasks in The Spy Within matches (0/25)
How to play the Fortnite Spy Within LTM?
- Everyone starts a match only knowing which team they are on. The identity of all other players is hidden.
- Two players — known as The Spies — will try to eliminate other players without revealing their identity. They must do so before the crew completes their objectives.
- Eight players — known as The Agents — will work together to identify spies and vote them out before the spies eliminate all other players. The Agents must gather gold coins — earned by completing objectives — to win.
- Players cannot speak to one another in voice chat unless they are in a Meeting.
- Players can call Meetings whenever they spot a character or are suspicious of another player. Players can now talk and discuss who they are suspicious of. They can choose to vote someone out, which eliminates them. Spies need to be careful, otherwise they will raise suspicions and get voted out!
To play the Spy Within matches, the user needs to complete five matches. The user has to make sure that they stay in the game until they see ‘Defeat’ or ‘Victory’.
However, if the user gets eliminated by players, it won’t count. For the elimination quest, the user need to become a Spy and start eliminating players. To complete tasks in the final Spy Within matches, the user will need to be a Butler. The user needs to interact with various objects and complete 25 tasks.
Epic Games will be rolling out a number of new Spy Within maps which will rotate for as long as the event lasts. Fortnite is currently available across various platforms including the Xbox Series X / Series S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, Nintendo Switch, and Android.
What are your thoughts over this?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We will keep you updated once we get to know more about this.
Thank You so much for reading.